Sunday, April 01, 2007

So, Rachel and I started construction on several raised vegetable beds for our sun-rich backyard. We bought some redwood lumber and supplies.




Cut it into many sections of various lengths.



Pre-drilled the holes for later assembly. This process was made easier by an old, old electric Black & Decker drill. I was pleased that it didn't shock my hand. Not once.



And then we painted all the boards with an oil-based waterproofer, to make them last a little longer, hopefully.



And this photo is almost completely unrelated. We got a little plant to put on my desk at home. The pot is one Rachel received from a student a while ago. The student wasn't one of her favorites, so I had to talk her into letting me rescue it from certain doom, after the original flower eventually died.

No comments: