Sunday, July 09, 2006


An interesting thing happened on Friday. I was doing laundry -- taking the wet clothes out of the washer when I heard something metal rattling in the bottom of the tub. I saw what I thought was a wire and reached down and wiggled it loose from the hole from where it was stuck. It looked like a piece of twisted wire, but when I turned it over, I discovered that it was the piece of Kari's engagement ring that had come loose and gotten lost the day of the wedding, June 17th. How it made it to the washer I don't know. We'd all assumed that it was gone forever. The store has ordered a new one because it was under warranty. To me it's a symbol that however lost you think you are, God knows where you are and will find you and rescue you. (I know this isn't a very good picture of the ring.)

No comments: